Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Farm of the Child

As many of you know, the Farm of the Child is a cause that is very important to me. The Farm of the Child is an orphanage near Trujillo, Honduras. It is located at the edge of the rainforrest. The caribbean sea borders one side of the orphanage and beautiful mountains views border another side. The real beauty of the place is the children living there and the spirit of the volunteers serving them. 

The volunteers come mainly from the U.S. and commit to serving 2 and a half years as teachers, medical workers and administrators. They are guided by the pillars of the community, spirituality, simplicity and service. The work done here is a very real and humble example of God at work.

I have served the Farm of the Child for years by producing fundraising and development materials. I was honored two years ago when I was asked to serve on the U.S. board of directors. Trust me, I receive so much more back than I could every give. It is a blessing to me.

I encourage you to visit the website at FarmoftheChild.org to find out more about this incredible organization.


No comments: